We are pleased to be sponsoring the upcoming Biophotoelectrochemical Systems: Solar Energy Conversion and Fundamental Investigations workshop which will be held at the School of Divinity, St John’s College, Cambridge on 22 – 24th April.
This workshop will cover a range of topics, including:
- Latest developments in protein-film and biofilm photoelectrochemistry, semi-artificial photosynthesis, biophotovoltaics, biological production of solar fuels and chemicals
- New materials and characterisation tools for the above areas
- Insights into degradation pathways (photodegradation, reaction with reactive oxygen species, mediator toxicity…) and strategies to enhance stability
- Short-circuiting pathways at the bio-material interface (charge carrer recombination, redox cycling, non-natural electron transfer pathways…)
- Engineering challenges – using protein-film and biofilm electrodes for practical applications (electron transfer bottlenecks, the voltage/recombination dilemma, bioengineering challenges…)
You can find out more information, including a full list of confirmed speakers, over on the website.
Submit to Chemical Science today! Check out our author guidelines for information on our article types or find out more about the advantages of publishing in a Royal Society of Chemistry journal.
Keep up to date with our latest articles, reviews, collections & more by following us on Twitter. You can also keep informed by signing up to our E-Alerts.