The Mechanoresponsive Materials themed issue is now online. Here is Christoph Weder’s Editorial. The front cover illustration features a paper on Alkyl chain length effects on solid-state difluoroboron β-diketonate mechanochromic luminescence by Cassandra Fraser and co-workers. The inside front cover highlights a Feature Article on The physical chemistry of mechanoresponsive polymers by Timothy Kucharski and Roman Boulatov.
The issue also includes 6 Hot Articles:
- Tailored design of mechanically sensitive biocatalytic assemblies based on polyelectrolyte multilayers
- High-resolution 27Al MAS NMR spectroscopic studies of the response of spinel aluminates to mechanical action
- Piezochromic luminescence of amide and ester derivatives of tetraphenylpyrene—role of amide hydrogen bonds in sensitive piezochromic response
- Arene effects on difluoroboron β-diketonate mechanochromic luminescence
- Restructuring of exponentially growing polyelectrolyte multilayer films induced by salt concentration variations after film deposition
- Environmental effects on mechanochemical activation of spiropyran in linear PMMA