The Advanced Materials for Lithium Batteries themed issue is now online. The guest editors for this issue are Professor M. Saiful Islam (Bath, UK) and Professor Linda Nazar (Waterloo, Canada). Here is their editorial introducing the topic.
The outside front cover illustrates a Feature Article on One dimensional Si/Sn – based nanowires and nanotubes for lithium-ion energy storage materials by Nam-Soon Choi, Yan Yao, Yi Cui and Jaephil Cho. This review was selected as a Hot Article. On the inside front cover was Direct and modified ionothermal synthesis of LiMnPO4 with tunable morphology for rechargeable Li-ion batteries by Prabeer Barpanda, Karim Djellab, Nadir Recham, Michel Armand and Jean-Marie Tarascon. This paper was also a Hot Article.
The full issue contains 7 hot articles. Here’s the full list:
- One dimensional Si/Sn – based nanowires and nanotubes for lithium-ion energy storage materials
- What can we learn about battery materials from their magnetic properties?
- SnO2 hollow structures and TiO2 nanosheets for lithium-ion batteries
- Effect of ball-milling and lithium insertion on the lithium mobility and structure of Li3Fe2(PO4)3
- Benefits of N for O substitution in polyoxoanionic electrode materials: a first principles investigation of the electrochemical properties of Li2FeSiO4−yNy (y = 0, 0.5, 1)
- Direct and modified ionothermal synthesis of LiMnPO4 with tunable morphology for rechargeable Li-ion batteries
- The influence on Fermi energy of Li-site change in LizTi1−yNiyS2 on crossing z = 1