The Physics of Soft and Biological Matter conference organised by the IOP Biological Physics, IOP Liquids and Complex Fluids, IOP Molecular Physics, and IOP Polymer Physics Groups will be held on 14–16 April 2014 at Homerton College, Cambridge, UK.
This conference will bring together the broad and diverse community interested in the physics of soft and biological matter, which includes liquids, liquid crystals, polymers, colloids, membranes, interfaces, cellular biophysics, and biological macromolecules. The programme will span a number of key cross-cutting themes, including self-assembly and patterning, rheology, biomimetics, non-equilibrium phenomena, as well as molecular imaging, optical methods and spectroscopies, which are all relevant to the wide range of length- and time-scales present in these fascinating systems.
Abstract submission deadline: 20th January 2014
Early registration deadline: 10th March 2014
Registration deadline: 4th April 2014
Confirmed Invited Speakers
- Kari Dalnoki-Veress (McMaster University, Canada) “Capillary-driven flow in thin polymer films”
- Dennis Discher (University of Pennsylvania, USA) “Scaling laws of polymer membranes: from synthetics to nuclear envelopes and mechanotransduction”
- Suzanne Fielding (Durham University, UK) “Hydrodynamics and phase behaviour of active suspensions”
- David Klenerman (University of Cambridge, UK) “Single molecule studies of protein aggregation”
- David Pine (New York University, USA) “Self-assembly of patchy colloids”
- Kathleen Stebe (University of Pennsylvania, USA) “Particles at complex interfaces”