Soft Matter is planning to produce a themed issue on Mechanics and Physics of Hydrogels in 2012. Please e-mail the editorial office if you would like to contribute an article. The Guest Editors of the issue are Professor Jian Ping Gong (Hokkaido University, Japan) and Professor Wei Hong (Iowa State University, USA).
The Soft Matter themed issue on Mechanics and Physics of Hydrogels aims at bringing together contributions from many perspectives in order to draw a multidisciplinary state-of-the art picture of the field. We have published several themed issues on other important emerging topics in recent years, and it now seems particularly timely to publish a focused set of articles covering Mechanics and Physics of Hydrogels. The themed issue will mainly focus on the following topics:
• Development of new hydrogels with enhanced coupling properties and/or mechanical performance
• Discovery of physical or multi-physical phenomena of hydrogel systems
• Innovative experimental designs for better characterization of hydrogel behaviors
• Models that capture or predict various hydrogel behaviors, and promote the understanding of underlying mechanisms
• Papers on other topics related to the mechanics of hydrogels will also be considered
The deadline for the receipt of manuscripts for this themed issue is 20th February 2012
Manuscripts can be submitted using the RSC’s on-line submissions service. Please clearly mark that the manuscript is submitted for the themed issue on Mechanics and Physics of Hydrogels.
Please would you inform the editorial office by e-mail as soon as possible if you plan to submit to the issue. We would like to have a list of authors who intend to contribute as soon as possible.