Lab on a Chip and Dolomite are proud to sponsor the Pioneers of Miniaturization Lectureship, to honour and support the up and coming, next generation of scientists who have significantly contributed to the understanding or development of miniaturised systems.
This year’s Lectureship will be presented at µTAS 2022 with the recipient receiving a prize of US$3,000.
The Lectureship consists of the following elements:
- A prize of US$3,000. No other financial contribution will be offered
- A certificate recognising the winner of the lectureship
- The awardee is required to give a short lecture at the µTAS 2022 event
To be eligible for the lectureship, candidates must:
- Have completed their PhD
- Be actively pursuing an independent research career on miniaturised systems.
- Be at an early-mid career stage of their independent career (typically this will be within 15 years of completing their PhD, but appropriate consideration will be given to those who have taken a career break or followed a different study path).
To be considered for the 2022 lectureship, the following must be sent to the Editorial Office
- A recommendation letter, including the name, contact details and website URL of the nominee
- A one-page CV for the nominee, including their date of birth, summary of education and career, a list of up to five of their top independent publications, total numbers of publications
- A one-page statement of achievement with a lay summary, written by the nominee describing their best accomplishments
- A supporting letter of recommendation from an independent referee. This could be for example the nominee’s post doc or PhD supervisor. A letter of recommendation with the candidate’s accomplishments and why the lectureship is deserved.
Selection criteria and judging process
- Nominations must be made via email to email@example.com supplying the requested documents listed above.
- The decision on the winner of the lectureship will be made by a panel of judges comprising a representative from Dolomite and members from the Lab on a Chip Editorial Board, coordinated by the Executive Editor of Lab on a Chip.
- The award is for outstanding contributions to the understanding or development of miniaturised systems. This will be judged mainly through their top 1-3 papers and/or an invention documented by patents/or a commercial product. Awards and honorary memberships may also be considered.
Nomination Deadline: 31 July 2022
Dolomite Microfluidics a leading provider of microfluidics-based solutions for a range of applications including drug encapsulation, droplet manufacture and particle generation. They manufacture complete systems as well as individual modular components to balance ease of use with flexibility.