Food & Function Issue 12 is dedicated to a detailed analysis of regulatory, scientific and technical issues concerning safety, quality and efficacy of plant food supplements (PFS). Guest Editors Patrizia Restani and Vittorio Silano introduce the themed issue in their editorial which you can read here.
Read the full issue on Plant Food Supplements online here.
Or choose a paper to read by clicking on the titles below:
- Regulations applicable to plant food supplements and related products in the European Union
- Botanical species being used for manufacturing plant food supplements (PFS) and related products in the EU member states and selected third countries
- Plant food supplement (PFS) market structure in EC Member States, methods and techniques for the assessment of individual PFS intake
- Quality control of plant food supplements
- An overview of consumer attitudes and beliefs about plant food supplements
- Review of the efficacy of green tea, isoflavones and aloe vera supplements based on randomised controlled trials
- Safety assessment of plant food supplements (PFS)
- The PlantLIBRA Project: how we intend to innovate the science of botanicals