Energy & Environmental Science’s issue 7 is now online and includes a collection of articles on the theme of Proton-Coupled Electron Transfer, Guest Edited by Marc Robert and Dr Elodie Anxolabéhère-Mallart (Université Paris Diderot). You can read the full themed issue here.
Issue 7’s themed collection contains articles of interest such as the Editorial by Marc Robert Proton-coupled electron transfer and the following feature Perspectives:
- Proton-coupled electron transfer: classification scheme and guide to theoretical methods
- The role of proton coupled electron transfer in water oxidation
Christopher J. Gagliardi, Aaron K. Vannucci, Javier J. Concepcion, Zuofeng Chen and Thomas J. Meyer
- Electrochemical approach to proton-coupled electron transfers: recent advances
The outside front cover features a Communication on the Pyrolytic conversion of cellulose to fuels: levoglucosan deoxygenation via elimination and cyclization within molten biomass by Matthew S. Mettler, Alex D. Paulsen, Dionisios G. Vlachos and Paul J. Dauenhauer.
Towards solution processed all-carbon solar cells: a perspective is the Perspective highlighted on the inside front cover by Vincent C. Tung, Jen-Hsien Huang, Jaemyung Kim, Alexander J. Smith, Chih-Wei Chu and Jiaxing Huang.
Issue 7 also includes other articles of from the journal’s broad scope including these Review and Perspective articles:
- Air as the renewable carbon source of the future: an overview of CO2 capture from the atmosphere
Alain Goeppert, Miklos Czaun, G. K. Surya Prakash and George A. Olah
- Electrical energy storage for transportation—approaching the limits of, and going beyond, lithium-ion batteries
Michael M. Thackeray, Christopher Wolverton and Eric D. Isaacs
- Post-processing pathways in carbon capture and storage by mineral carbonation (CCSM) towards the introduction of carbon neutral materials
Aimaro Sanna, Matthew R. Hall and Mercedes Maroto-Valer
- Top ten fundamental challenges of biomass pyrolysis for biofuels
Matthew S. Mettler, Dionisios G. Vlachos and Paul J. Dauenhauer
- Conjugated porous polymers for energy applications
Filipe Vilela , Kai Zhang and Markus Antonietti