Lectureship and Themed Collection details
Recognising and supporting the significant contribution of early career researchers in physical chemistry, chemical physics and biophysical chemistry, the lectureship is a platform for early career physical chemists to showcase their research to the wider scientific community.
The lectureship recipient will receive £1000 to cover travel and accommodation costs to attend and present at a leading international meeting in 2022. The recipient will also be invited to contribute a Perspective article to PCCP. In addition, selected nominees will be invited to submit to the PCCP Emerging Investigator Themed Collection. You can read the inaugural 2020 Emerging Investigator Themed Issue here.
To be eligible for the lectureship and themed collection, candidates must:
• Have completed their PhD
• Be actively pursuing an independent research career within physical chemistry, chemical physics or biophysical chemistry.
• Be at an early stage of their independent career (within 10 years of completing their PhD, but appropriate consideration will be given to those who have taken a career break or followed a different study path).
Selection criteria, nomination and judging process
• Nominations must be made via email to email@example.com using the PCCP Emerging Investigator nomination form and a letter of recommendation.
• Nominators may only nominate one candidate for consideration per year.
• Individuals cannot nominate themselves for consideration.
• Selection will be made by the PCCP Editorial Board. The Lectureship winner will be selected in quarter four of 2021 and announced before the end of the year.
• The Lectureship winner will be selected based on their nomination, with due consideration given to the letter of recommendation, candidate biography, research achievements, previous PCCP publications and overall publication history.
• Selected shortlisted nominees, as chosen by the PCCP Editorial Board, will be invited to submit to the 2022 PCCP Emerging Investigator Themed Collection following the Lectureship winner selection.
Submission deadline: 17 September 2021
Find out more about our previous winner’s:
Dr Stella Stopkowicz, University of Mainz and Dr Stefania Impellizzeri, Ryerson University (2021 winners)
Dr Federico Calle-Vallejo, University of Barcelona (2019 winner)
Professor Debashree Ghosh, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (2018 winner)
Professor Ryan P. Steele, University of Utah (2017 winner)
Read a selection of their work in the PCCP Emerging Investigator Lectureship Winners Collection.