Looking back at 2021
An overview of the exciting events, activities and news for Nanoscale from 2021
Now that 2021 has come to an end, we look back at some of the exciting events and activities that happened last year for Nanoscale. Thank you for your engagement in 2021, and for enabling the journal to continue to support the community. With your support, we look forward to another great year for the journal in 2022.
We welcomed Professor Jinlan Wang, Southeast University, China, to the Editorial Board of Nanoscale and Nanoscale Advances as an Associate Editor. Professor Shouheng Sun, Brown University, USA, and Professor Xiao Cheng Zeng, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA, completed their final terms as Associate Editors for Nanoscale and Nanoscale Advances in 2022 and joined our Advisory Board. We would like to thank them both for their excellent service to the journal and community over many years.
Along with Professor Sun and Professor Zeng, we welcomed seven other new Nanoscale Advisory Board members in order to better represent the ever-increasing diversity of our authors and readers.
- Suryasarathi Bose, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, India
- Wenlong Cheng, Monash University, Australia
- Anna Fontcuberta i Morral, EPFL, Switzerland
- Michael Sailor, University of California, San Diego, USA
- Xiaoming Sun, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, China
- Sarah Tolbert, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
- Miqin Zhang, University of Washington, USA
A full list of the Nanoscale Advisory Board members can be found here.
Following on from recent years, Nanoscale once again recognised the significant contributions that our reviewers have made to the journal and highlighted the 2020 Outstanding Reviewers for Nanoscale in this Editorial.
In 2021, Nanoscale launched our inaugural Emerging Investigators themed collection, recognising the rising stars of nanoscience and nanotechnology in the early stages of their independent careers. Congratulations to all the featured researchers on their important work so far in the field. You can meet the featured authors in this Profile.
Nanoscale published six themed collections in 2021, and we have many more exciting themed collections planned.
- Advances in Plasmonics and Its Applications. Guest edited by Xing Yi Ling, Ramón Álvarez Puebla, and Jian-Feng Li
- Advanced Nanomaterials for Energy Conversion and Storage. Guest edited by Wee-Jun Ong, Markus Antonietti and Nanfeng Zheng
- Nanoscale Most Popular Articles
- Nanoscale Lunar New Year Collection 2021
- Battery science and technology – powered by chemistry
- Polymers in liquid formulations
Editor’s choice collections
Nanoscale published five Editor’s Choice Collections on topics selected by our Associate Editors. Look out for the upcoming collections that we will be publishing throughout 2022!
- Single-atom and nanocluster catalysis, selected by Manzhou Zhu (Anhui University, China).
- Thermoelectric nanostructures, selected by Jin Zou (University of Queensland, Australia).
- Recent breakthroughs in nanobiotechnology, selected by Yves Dufrêne (UCLouvain, Belgium).
- Computational studies of nanomaterials for energy, catalysis and electronics, selected by Xiao Cheng Zeng (University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA).
- Controlling anisotropy in nanomaterials, selected by Shouheng Sun (Brown University, USA).
Finally, be sure to read the exciting articles featured in the 2021 Nanoscale HOT Article Collection.
The Nanoscale team wish you a Happy New Year!
With best wishes,
Dr Heather Montgomery
Managing Editor, Nanoscale