Call for nominations
We are looking for engaged and interested early career researchers to assist in the development of high quality and innovative journals, from a learned society publisher, in rapidly expanding areas of science.
The purpose of the Community Board for both Materials Horizons and Nanoscale Horizons is to provide a channel for communication and engagement between the materials and nanoscience student, postdoctoral and early career researcher community and the journals’ Executive Editor and Editorial Boards.
Guidelines for Nominators
We are inviting nominations for both journals at this time, please do feel free to state a preference of journal in your nomination, however this is not mandatory, and each nomination will be assessed for suitability for both Materials Horizons and Nanoscale Horizons.
- Nominations are open to PhD candidates and active researchers who received their PhD (or equivalent degree, if applicable) no more than eight years prior to 1 January 2023. Appropriate consideration will be given to candidates from all research backgrounds (academic or industrial) and to those who have taken a career break or followed a different study path. Please do reach out to the editorial office to discuss any eligibility considerations.
- Any Principal Investigator can nominate someone for the Community Board. Candidates may self-nominate but all nominations should include a separate supporting statement from an active Principal Investigator as outlined below.
- The candidate’s name, affiliation, research group, position and contact details, along with a brief CV
- The nominator’s name, affiliation, position and contact details.
- A short personal statement from the candidate describing what they will bring to the role in terms of advising and being an advocate for the journal. This must be no longer than 500 words.
- A supporting statement from an active Principal Investigator (no more than 500 words) addressing the selection criteria (see below).
Selection criteria for Materials Horizons and Nanoscale Horizons Community Boards
The Executive Editor and members of the Editorial Boards will consider the following aspects of all nominations for the Community Boards as appropriate:
- Profile within institute and/or community
- Service to the community
- Area and quality of research
- Motivation to join Community Board
The deadline for submission of nominations is 19th July 2023.
For more information, please refer to the Materials and Nanoscale Horizons Community Board FAQs.