We invite registered μTAS participants to submit short videos (see full conditions of entry below) that are either scientifically or educationally focused. Videos may be fun, artistic or just surprising and unusual in order to meet these criteria.
Dolomite Microfluidics, innovators in microfluidic solutions, are supporting this competition with $2500 worth of Dolomite equipment as the prize.
If you think you have the necessary visual science to take home the prize, have a read of the entry conditions below!
Deadline: 26th October 2015
Video Award Submission Process – Easy 3 Step Process
Step 1. Sign-In to the Electronic Form Using Your Registration Number
Please have your Registration Number accessible. If you are unable to locate your Registration Number, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2. Fill in Remaining Information on Electronic Submission Form
Please fill in remaining information on the electronic submission form including title of image and your caption.
Step 3. Upload Your Video
All entries are to be submitted online via this website as .mpg, .mp4, .mov, .avi or .wmv. Entries will not be accepted by email or post. Once your entry has been successfully uploaded and submitted, you will be given an entry number and you will be sent a confirmation email with the information you provided, minus the video. The ability to submit an video will close Monday,26 October 2015 at 23:59 Honolulu, Hawaii, USA time (HST. GMT minus 10 hours).
1. Only participants registered for the MicroTAS conference can take part and submit videos
2. Videos must be either scientific (demonstrating interesting aspects) or educational (enhancing understanding) with respect to micro- or nanofluidics
3. Videos can be presented in a fun way
4. Videos can be presented in an artistic way
5. Videos can be presented in a surprising or unusual way
6. Videos can be enhanced by audio, animations, or annotations, if necessary
7. Videos should be no longer than 2 minutes each
8. Videos should have a file size less than 25 Mbytes (please use appropriate video compression)
9. Videos must be viewable on a PC without special software (.mpg, .mp4, .mov, .avi or .wmv)
10. Videos can be uploaded between July 25 and October 26, 2015
11. All submissions are submitted on the basis that they may be used by LOC and/or CBMS for promotional purposes in any form
12. Assessment by an international panel of judges will take place at MicroTAS 2015. The judges’ decision will be final, and no discussion will be entertained.
13. The prize will be awarded at MicroTAS 2015, and a written voucher for the equipment will be handed over to the person submitting the winning entry.
Finally, just for a bit of inspiration, here’s a classic Lab on a Chip video from our YouTube channel…enjoy!