Abstract submission is open for the SCIX 2012 meeting presented by the Federation of Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy Societies (FACSS). SCIX will be held in Kansas City, MO, USA, from September 30 – October 5.
The submission deadline for abstracts that will be considered for oral presentation is April 20, 2012. Abstracts will be accepted until July 31 for poster presentations. Please visit http://scixconference.org for abstract submission and further information.
Steven Ray, SCIX 2012 Program Chair and coauthor of this entry, has identified several focal areas that will be highlighted in the 2012 program:
- Current status of the analytical sciences: focus on human health (organized by RSC and ACS)
- Atomic spectrometry and the analysis of nanomaterials
- Speciation analysis: progress in trace metal speciation
- New plasmas, new instrumentation, and new approaches at the frontier of atomic spectrometry
- Isoscapes: redefining the landscape in the archaeological and geological sciences with high fidelity isotope ratio analysis
- Sampling the world with laser ablation and atomic spectrometry
- Chemistry in arts and archaeology
- Novel sample introduction techniques and tools for atomic spectroscopy
- Fundamental aspects of plasma spectrochemistry: using what we learn to improve analytical atomic spectrometry
Contributed sessions will be added to the program as space allows. If you do not see a program area above that fits your research focus, don’t let it stop you from submitting a paper!
We look forward to seeing you in Kansas City.
SCIX 2012 Atomic Spectroscopy Program Section Chair