The 34th International Symposium on Microscale Separations and Bioanalysis (MSB 2018) is to be held at the conference center of the Windsor Barra Hotel (Barra da Tijuca) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from February 18-21, 2018.
Since its inception in 1989 (Boston, Massachusetts, USA), MSB has evolved into an interactive forum for the discussion of cutting-edge research on the frontiers of separation science, spanning fundamental theory, method development, technology advancements to innovative applications relevant to human health, medicine, food and the environment.
MSB 2018 centers on science and people by creating a confidential ambience that facilitates vigorous exchange between delegates. This edition will feature stimulating pre-conference short-courses, distinguished plenary speakers and a parallel program covering a wide spectrum of current microscale bioseparation techniques.
The symposium format encompasses several significant features:
- A scientific program, where over 70% is based on submitted abstracts.
- A double-blind peer review process ensuring top science regardless of reputation or seniority.
- Oral presentations with 1/3 of the time reserved for active discussion.
- Topic sessions introduced and chaired by leading researchers.
- A young investigator session with rising stars in microscale separations.
- Poster sessions with selected 3-minute talks.
- Science Café lunch seminars by vendors presenting advances in commercial separation technology.
Registration includes lunches, opening & closing receptions, and a symposium dinner at the iconic “Pão de Açúcar” (Sugar Loaf) scenic venue.
Since the MSB 2018 date is just one week after Carnival in Rio, delegates are invited to come a day earlier to join a pre-symposium social activity: the Champion’s Parade of Rio Samba Schools on Feb. 17, 2018.
- Nov. 21, 2017: Abstract Submission for Oral Presentation closes
- Dec. 1, 2017: Notification of Acceptance for Oral Presentations
- Dec. 8, 2017: Deadline for Registration of Authors for Oral Presentation
- Dec. 15, 2017: Preliminary Oral Program Posted Online
- Jan. 19, 2018: Close for Early Bird Registration at Lowest Fees
- Jan. 26, 2018: Close for Poster Abstract Submission for Inclusion in the Online Program
- Feb. 2, 2018: Program Posted Online
- Feb. 9, 2018: Deadline for Submission of Late Breaking Presentations
- Feb. 18, 2018: Symposium Short Courses and Opening
- Feb. 19-21, 2018: 34th International Symposium on Microscale Separations and Bioanalysis