The European Society for Photobiology (ESP), one of the two owner societies of PPS, will be holding the 15th Congress of the European Society for Photobiology in Liège, Belgium, on the 2–6th September 2013. This exciting conference is an important forum for the dissemination of advanced knowledge and technological developments in photobiology, and will generate scientific discussions and facilitate the exchange of new ideas and new collaborations for future research. The ESP Scientific Advisory Board, including the ESP President and PPS Associate Editor Evelyne Sage, have put together a program of sessions on a wide range of topics which cover major streams of photobiological sciences. This includes highly relevant, timely, cutting edge symposia.
Keynote speakers include:
Markus Böhm (Münster, Germany)
• Novel twists in alpha-MSH-mediated protection against UV irradiation of the skin
Mladen Korbelik (Vancouver, Canada)
• Engagement of sphingolipids in light-tissue interaction
Santi Nonell (Barcelona, Spain)
• Genetically-encodable fluorescent singlet oxygen photosensitisers
Janet Morgan (Buffalo, USA)
• Strategies for targeting cancer stem-like cells with photodynamic therapy
Roman Ulm (Geneva, Switzerland)
• UV-B photoreceptor signalling
In addition to providing an exciting venue for scientific exchange, Liège is a historical European city and a great place to visit. Early registration ends July 31st, so click here to register today!