RSC Americas offices are proud of the quality of our Editorial and Advisory Boards in our territories and we want to congratulate our current and past Editorial Board members who will be recognized as AAAS Fellows at the AAAS meeting this week:
- Professor Alán Aspuru-Guzik of Harvard University (Associate Editor of Chemical Science)
- Professor Omar Farha of Northwestern University (Editorial Board member of CrystEngComm)
- Professor Michael Krische of University of Texas Austin (Associate Editor of ChemComm)
- Professor Sue Lunte of the University of Kansas (former Editor-in-Chief and current Advisory Board member of Analytical Methods)
- Professor Daniel Mindiola of the University of Pennsylvania (former Dalton Transactions Associate Editor and current Advisory Board member of Chemical Science)
Two of our Board members were also recently elected to the National Academy of Engineering:
- Professor Yang Shao-Horn of MIT (Editorial Board member of Energy & Environmental Science )
- Professor Jennifer Elisseeff of Johns Hopkins (Editor-in-Chief of Biomaterials Science)
Several of our board members were among the Canadian Society for Chemistry award winners announced this month:
- Green Chemistry Associate Editor C.J. Li of McGill University received the Alfred Bader Award recognizing excellence in organic chemistry research.
- Catalysis Science & Technology Associate Editor Jen Love of UBC won the IntelliSyn Pharma Research Excellence Award for a distinguished contribution to medicinal or biophysical chemistry.
- Analytical Methods Associate Editor Juewen Liu of University of Waterloo received the W.A.E. McBryde Medal, awarded to an early career researcher who has made achievements in pure or applied analytical chemistry.
And finally, we also wanted to highlight some of our other board members’ recent achievements.
- Chemical Science Associate Editor Kit Cummins of MIT received the ACS Pauling Medal for “unparalleled synthetic and mechanistic studies of early transition metal complexes”. Professor Cummins has been with the journal since its inception in 2010 and has been a strong advocate for its transition to open access in 2015.
- Chemical Science Associate Editor Mircea Dinca of MIT received the ACS Award in Pure Chemistry.
- Molecular Systems Design & Engineering Board Chair Juan de Pablo of the University of Chicago was awarded the Polymer Physics Prize from APS.
- Polymer Chemistry Editorial Board member Heather Maynard of UCLA received an Arthur C. Cope Scholar Award.
- Polymer Chemistry Editorial Board member Jeremiah Johnson of MIT shared the Nobel Laureate Signature Award for Graduate Education in Chemistry with his student Aleksandr Zhukhovitskiy.
- Journal of Materials Chemistry C Associate Editor Federico Rosei of INRS (Canada) was elected Fellow of the Optical Society.
- Organic Chemistry Frontiers Editorial Board member Geoffrey Coates of Cornell University has been elected a National Academy of Inventors Fellow.
- Nanoscale Associate Editor Xiao Cheng Zeng of University of Nebraska visited our office in Cambridge to be presented with his Royal Society of Chemistry Surfaces and Interfaces Award.
- Nanoscale Associate Editor Yamuna Krishnan of University of Chicago received the Infosys Science Foundation Award in Physical Sciences. Professor Krishnan was interviewed about her award.
- MedChemComm Associate Editor Sylvie Garneau-Tsodikova of University of Kentucky was named a AAAS Leshner Fellow.
- Analytical Methods Editor-in-Chief Scott Martin of Saint Louis University received the AES Midcareer Award at SciX.
- CrystEngComm Associate Editor Christer Aakeröy was presented with the 2017 Midwest Award at the ACS Midwest Regional Meeting.
Please let us know if we missed anyone!