Recognizing and supporting the significant contribution of early career researchers in physical chemistry, chemical physics and biophysical chemistry, the lectureship is a platform for an early career physical chemist to showcase their research to the wider scientific community.
The recipient will receive £1000 to cover travel and accommodation costs to attend and present at a leading international meeting hosted by a PCCP Owner society. The recipient will also be invited to contribute a Perspective article to PCCP.
Launched with great success in 2016, previous winner’s include:
Dr David Glowacki, University of Bristol (2016 winner) and
Professor Ryan P. Steele, University of Utah (2017 winner).
Read a selection of their work in the PCCP Emerging Investigator Lectureship Themed Collection.
To be eligible for the lectureship, candidates must:
• Have completed their PhD
• Be actively pursuing an independent research career within physical chemistry, chemical physics or biophysical chemistry.
• Be at an early stage of their independent career (typically this will be within 10 years of completing their PhD, but appropriate consideration will be given to those who have taken a career break or followed a different study path).
Selection criteria, nomination and judging process
• Nominations must be made via email to email@example.com using the PCCP Emerging Investigator Lectureship nomination form and a letter of recommendation.
• Individuals cannot nominate themselves for consideration.
• Selection will be made by the PCCP Editorial Board at the 2018 PCCP Editorial Board meeting.
• The winner will be selected based on their nomination, with due consideration given to the letter of recommendation, candidate biography, research achievements, previous PCCP publications and overall publication history.
Submit a nomination
To be considered for the 2018 Lectureship, the following must be sent to the Editorial Office
• A letter of recommendation
• A complete nomination form
Submission deadline: 20th June 2018
Download nomination form
Submit nomination with letter of recommendation