Stephen Klippenstein, at Argonne National Laboratory, USA, is one of our Associate Editors handling the peer review of submitted manuscripts. He has spent his career trying to improve the accuracy and the utility of theoretical methods for predicting the kinetics of gas phase reactions. Recent progress in this endeavour has made it so that such calculations can now be of considerable value to efforts at modelling the chemistry of the atmosphere. In his opinion, the role for theoretical kinetics in atmospheric chemistry will expand enormously over the next few years.
As such, he is always excited to handle theoretical kinetics atmospheric chemistry papers for the journal and hopes that Environmental Science: Atmospheres can become the go-to source for such studies.
Publish with Environmental Science: Advances and receive a number of benefits including:
- Free Gold Open Access publication – all article processing charges are waives until mid-2023
- Rapid times to publication – our average time to decision for peer-reviewed manuscripts is just 36 days†
- Flexible article types with no word count restrictions or colour charges
- Broad readership: our global audience provides maximum exposure for your work
- Publicity on Twitter and WeChat for featured articles