The 3rd International Conference on Food Oral Processing (FOP2014) will take place from the 29th June to the 2nd July 2014 in Wageningen, The Netherlands. This meeting is the third in a series of conferences aimed at understanding the principles and mechanisms underpinning eating and sensory appreciation in order to seek a fundamental understanding of food.
The conference will cover the following topics:
• Food structure, breakdown and sensory perception
• The mouth, the gut and the brain
• Food structure and food design for specific consumer groups
• Bolus formation and physiology of eating, drinking and swallowing
• Modelling of oral processing and in mouth taste and flavour release
• New analytical techniques to measure food oral processing
• Food oral processing and regulation of food intake
• Oral sensory receptors and oral tactile perception
• Evolutionary aspects of food oral processing
• Food and saliva
With an international lineup of plenary speakers from the UK, US, France and The Netherlands to name a few, it promises to be an exciting conference with stimulating scientific discussion in this interdisciplinary research area.