This is part of a series of blogs explaining more about book publishing at the Royal Society of Chemistry.
A final checklist
When submitting your typescript to the Editor (for Edited books), or the Royal Society of Chemistry (for Authored books), it needs to be in a form ready for publication in terms of content and wording.
There are several criteria we check upon receipt of the compiled manuscript, and meeting these at the time of submission helps to speed up the production process. We also provide a chapter submission checklist to help ensure everything is delivered in the correct format.
1. Chapter text is double-spaced and supplied in Microsoft Word.
2. All chapter documentation is supplied electronically.
3. 50 – 200 word abstract for each chapter in a separate Microsoft Word document.
4. Title page (chapter title, author list, address and email address for the corresponding author).
- Contact details not to be printed (eg private addresses) must be clearly indicated.
5. Table of contents.
6. The level of each heading (eg main headings, sub-heading etc.) is indicated in the text using Arabic numerals.
7. References are listed in the required format.
- Download the Endnote style file to help format references.
8. All figures, tables and captions are supplied as separate files and referenced in the text.
9. All equations are supplied as Mathtype files.
10. All equations, figures, tables etc. are numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals.
11. Completed Copyright Permission Forms for photographs, figures and other artwork, as well as textual material that requires permission.
For further information regarding house style, please refer to our Chapter Instructions.
More detailed guidelines for Edited and Authored books can also be downloaded from our website.