The Royal Society of Chemistry is proud to publish Toxicology Research in partnership with the British Toxicology Society (BTS) and Chinese Society of Toxicology (CST). In this blog we will tell you a bit about the BTS, and in an accompanying blog a bit about the CST.
British Toxicology Society:
The British Toxicology Society was established as a limited not-for-profit company registered in the UK in 1978. The Society is comprised of individuals drawn from industry, academic institutions, regulatory authorities, as well as student members.
The mission of the BTS is:
“To provide the national forum for toxicology in the UK, to support and enrich the careers of toxicologists and to promote the importance of toxicology within the wider scientific and lay communities.”
And it aims to:
- Provide a balanced forum of meetings, workshops and speciality groups.
- Provide training and education and encourage professional development.
- Promote toxicological regulations based on good science.
- Form strong links with related sciences.
- Strive to influence Government policy in relation to human and environmental health.
- Contribute to human health and welfare by various scientific endeavours.
- Promote the Science of Toxicology.
To find out more about the BTS visit their website!