We at the Royal Society of Chemistry are very proud to be working with MarinLit and have been working hard to develop an online version of this great product. We aim to deliver faster browsing, intelligent searching and more intuitive navigation in the new online database. We are therefore pleased to open up this new online version to existing MarinLit customers for beta testing.
The online version of MarinLit will allow you to
• search across more than 24,000 compounds and 26,000 articles through one interface
• draw your own structure and then search – or use molecular formulae to search
• search by DOI and navigate straight to the article
• use the flexible free text to search across title, date, issue, keywords, trivial names
• quickly filter and refine your search results
Your feedback on the online version of MarinLit is very important to us. It will help us to make the site as useful and user-friendly as possible, while enhancing the functionality that is important to you. It couldn’t be easier to give feedback – simply click on the blue feedback button on the right-hand side of each screen to let us know what you think.
We will continue developing MarinLit through the beta period and beyond, so we will try and resolve any issues as soon as possible. You can find out about the changes in the latest release by looking in the Latest news section on the main page.
As we are still developing MarinLit, there are some issues that we are aware of and that we are working to resolve. These include:
• MarinLit works best on up-to-date browsers, so you may need to check that you are running that latest version.
• We are aware of some display issues in Internet Explorer 8. We are working to resolve this, but we would suggest viewing MarinLit in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari for best results.
We hope you find this new online version full of the great functionality you have come to expect from MarinLit, along with added benefit of online access. If you have any questions, problems or suggestions, do contact us – we’d love to hear from you.