The 31st conference of The European Colloid and Interface Society will be held from 3-8 September 2017 at the Complutense University of Madrid. The annual ECIS conference is a major event for the colloid science community, whose primary goal is to bring together all major disciplines of colloids and interfaces, enabling participants to exchange knowledge, communicate with each other the results of their recent research, and to network with colleagues for new collaborations.
The ECIS 2017 will cover fundamental and applied advances in the fields of interfaces, dispersed systems, wetting, complex fluids, micro-and nano-engineered materials, upconversion nanoparticles, ion specific effects, self-assembly of surfactants, polymers and proteins, and advances in theory and instrumentation.
Plenary lectures will be given by the laureates of the Overbeek 2017 and Solvay 2017 prizes and awards will be given for the best oral presentations and poster presentations, some of which will be supported by Soft Matter.
Plenary speakers confirmed:
- Katharina Landfester (Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research, Germany)
- Jacob Klein (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel)
- Luis Liz Marzan (CIC BioMagune, San Sebastian, Spain)
- Maria Jose Alonso (University of Santiago of Compostela, Spain)
- Michael Cates (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Gareth McKinley (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Massachusetts, USA)
- Thomas Zemb (Institut de Chimie Séparative de Marcoule, France)