The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is attending the ACS Fall 2011 National Meeting and Exposition. We like to invite you to join us!
Visit Booth 1100 to see how we’ve been working harder than ever to represent the chemical science community and promote the importance of our subject to a global audience. And there are lots of prizes to be won each day, including T-shirts, games and books.
Here are some events for your diary:
|Sunday 28th August||Time||Place|
|Aligning scientific expertise and passion through a career path in the chemical sciences (Antony Williams, ChemSpider, RSC)||13.40 – 14.00||Room 110|
|Monday 29th August|
|Chemistry in the hand: The delivery of structure databases and spectroscopy gaming on mobile devices (Antony Williams, ChemSpider, RSC)||09.05 – 09.35||Room 110|
|Tuesday 30th August|
|RSC Event: Why Wait? Join us for drinks and ice cream||13.00||RSC Booth 1100|
|WORKSHOP: An Introduction to ChemSpider – A Combination Platform of Free Chemistry Database, Free Prediction Engines and Wiki Environment (Antony Williams, ChemSpider, RSC)||08.30 – 11.00||Room 503|
|ChemSpider: Does community engagement work to build a quality online resource for chemists?||10.10 – 10.50||Room 110|
|Wednesday 31st August|
|Structure representations in public chemistry databases: The challenges of validating the chemical structures for 200 top-selling drugs||10.45 – 11.05||Room 110|
|Thursday 1st September|
|Identifying “known unknowns” using mass spectrometry data and ChemSpider||14.00 – 14.20||Room 709|
(All events take place in the Colorado Convention Center, unless otherwise stated)
At Booth 1100 you can
- Hear the very latest journal news and search the RSC Publishing platform
- Find out more about RSC Advances (a new international, peer reviewed online journal) and pick up copies of other high-impact RSC journals
- Try ChemSpider, the multiple award winning, chemical structure-based search engine providing free access to more than 25 million chemical structures. You can also meet Antony Williams, VP Strategic Development, ChemSpider and register for workshops during the ACS. Register NOW for ChemSpider Workshops
- Browse over 60 new RSC books and take advantage of a special 20% show discount on all books featured on the stand
- Meet RSC representatives and investigate how you can publish with one of the leading chemical science publishers in the world.
Other booth highlights to look out for include:
- Discover International Year of Chemistry 2011 activities
- Connect with MyRSC, the professional network for the chemical sciences
- Find out about the new Chemistry World Jobs website.
We look forward to meeting you at Booth 1100