In this review Ewa Maria Musiol and Tilmann Weber at Eberhard Karls University, Tübingen present a summary of genetically and biochemically characterized in trans active ATs, which supply polyketide synthases assembly lines with building blocks and thus, might influence the polyketide structure by their substrate selectivity.
- MmpC involved in mupirocin biosynthesis
- OzmM and OzmC involved in oxazolomycin biosynthesis
- RhiG involved in rhizoxin biosynthesis
- VirI involved in virginiamycin biosynthesis
- TaV involved in myxovirescin biosynthesis
- BryP involved in bryostatin biosynthesis
…. and many more.
Discrete acyltransferases involved in polyketide biosynthesis
Ewa Maria Musiol and Tilmann Weber
Med. Chem. Commun., 2012,
|This review is part of our forthcoming themed issue on Natural Products, guest edited by Professor Christopher T. Walsh and Dr Sylvie Garneau-Tsodikova – keep checking back for more hot research in this theme.|