Lab on a Chip is pleased to announce a themed issue guest edited by Arben Merkoçi, Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology, and Jörg Kutter, Technical University of Denmark, and to open submissions for the issue.
The issue will be focussed around the III International Workshop on Analytical Miniaturization and NANOtechnologies (WAM-NANO2012) to be hosted in Barcelona, Spain, 11-12th June 2012, and will cover the latest international developments on the use of nanotechnologies and nanomaterials for the design and applications in lab-on-a-chip and other miniaturized analytical (bio) systems. The major focus of this issue will be on clinical, food safety and security applications of analytical (bio)systems in which nanotechnology enables novel devices and systems that provide the basis for better, more accessible healthcare, safety and security with improved outcomes for the citizen’s life.
Papers on the following topics are welcome:
- Novel nanotechnology based lab-on-a-chip (LOC) system designs (NANO-LOC)
- Nanofabricated based LOC designs
- Applications of NANO LOCs in diagnostics
- NANO-LOCs for safety and security
- Environmental control using NANO-LOCs
- Industrial applications of NANO-LOCs
- Nanotechnology based microfluidic /analytical devices (microarray, lateral flow etc)
Although the issue will be focused on WAM-NANO2012 additional contributions not related to this event but that fit the above topics will also be considered. Submission to the issue can be made through the Lab on a Chip online submission portal at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/lc and should be received by January 4th 2012 for inclusion in the issue.
Please email the LOC editorial office for more information loc-rsc[at]rsc.org.