We are delighted to announce a new initiative in which we wish to highlight the very best work from environmental scientists, working in the area of water engineering and technology, who are in the early stages of their independent career. Environmental Science: Water Research & Technology has created an on-going Emerging Investigators Series that will feature articles published by up-and-coming researchers who have been identified as having the potential to influence future directions in water research and technology.
Environmental Science: Water Research & Technology showcases high quality research and innovative technologies that promote sustainable water resources. The journal provides a comprehensive and relevant forum that unites the diverse communities and disciplines conducting water research relevant to engineered systems and the built environment.
This is an open call for applications to the Series. Environmental scientists who have completed their PhD (or equivalent degree) within the last 10 years, and have an independent career, can apply to have their research highlighted in the Emerging Investigators Series.
To make an application please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name, affiliation, position and contact details
- Your up-to-date CV (no longer than 2 pages), which should include a summary of education and career, a list of relevant publications, any notable awards, honours or professional activities in the field, and a website URL if relevant
- A synopsis of the article intended to be submitted to the Series, including a tentative submission date. This can be an original research article (Communication or Full Paper) or a review-type article (Critical Review, Frontier Review or Tutorial Review). Please see the journal website for more information on our article types.
Applications will be reviewed by the Executive Editor, Editor-in-Chief and members of the Editorial Board. The selection criteria for the Emerging Investigators Series will be based on the following:
- Innovation and impact of research program
- Quality of publications and/or patents and/or software
- Profile within institute and/or community
Please note that articles submitted to the journal for the Series will undergo the usual peer-review process, and no guarantees of publication can be given to successful applicants.
In return, successful applicants will receive additional visibility of their research through the inclusion of their article in a high profile themed collection on the journal website, a feature interview on the journal blog devoted to the investigator’s research program (read the latest interviews here), and the offer of discounted membership to the Royal Society of Chemistry, at an appropriate level of membership, for the first year.
Environmental Science: Water Research & Technology authors also benefit from rapid publication times, a simple and user-friendly online submission process and all articles are in colour, free of charge.
Contact and further information
Sarah Ruthven, Executive Editor
Environmental Science: Water Research & Technology
Royal Society of Chemistry
Thomas Graham House, Science Park,
Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WF, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432129