This August saw the occasion of the 14th European Biological Inorganic Chemistry Conference (EuroBIC), held at the University of Birmingham in the UK. With an excellent line up of internationally renowned plenary and keynote speakers the event was a huge success, attracting around 400 attendees.
The Royal Society of Chemistry was pleased to support the event, offering poster prizes of books and book vouchers. The winners of RSC vouchers were:
- Raul Berrocal-Martin (University of Glasgow) – Dalton Transactions Poster Prize
- Wilma Neumann (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) – Metallomics Poster Prize
- Ying Zhou (University of Hong Kong) – ChemComm Poster Prize
- Leon Jenner (University of East Anglia) – Chemical Science Poster Prize
The following presenters also won the RSC Highly Commended Poster Awards:
- Gloria Vigueras Bautista (University of Murcia)
- Nicolai Burzlaff (Friedrich-Alexander University)
- Samya Banerjee (University of Warwick)
- Riccardo Bonsignore (Cardiff University)
- Philip Ash (University of Oxford)
Dalton Transactions associate editor Nils Metzler-Nolte (Ruhr-Universität Bochum) and Chemical Science assistant editor William King were on hand to award the prizes.
The RSC offers a hearty congratulations to all poster prize winners!
Next year the 19th International Conference on Biological Inorganic Chemistry (ICBIC 19) will be held in Interlaken, Switzerland – August 11th to 16th. The next European Biological Inorganic Chemistry Conference (EuroBIC 15) will be held in Reykjavik, Iceland, in August 2020.