We are delighted to announce we are now welcoming nominations for the 2017 PCCP Emerging Investigator Lectureship.
Recognizing and supporting the significant contribution of early career researchers in physical chemistry, chemical physics and biophysical chemistry, the lectureship is a platform for an early career physical chemist to showcase their research to the wider scientific community.
The recipient will receive £1000 to cover travel and accommodation costs to attend and present at a leading international meeting hosted by a PCCP Owner society. The recipient will also be invited to contribute a Perspective article to PCCP.
To be eligible for the lectureship, candidates must:
• Have completed their PhD
• Be actively pursuing an independent research career within physical chemistry, chemical physics or biophysical chemistry.
• Be at an early stage of their independent career (typically this will be within 10 years of completing their PhD, but appropriate consideration will be given to those who have taken a career break or followed a different study path.)
Selection criteria, nomination and judging process
• Nominations must be made via email to email@example.com using the PCCP Emerging Investigator Lectureship nomination form and a letter of recommendation.
• Individuals cannot nominate themselves for consideration.
• Selection will be made by the PCCP Editorial Board at the 2017 PCCP Editorial Board meeting.
• The winner will be selected based on their nomination, with due consideration given to the letter of recommendation, candidate biography, research achievements, previous PCCP publications and overall publication history.
Submission deadline: 15th August 2017