Publishing only very high quality articles, the journal will cover the fundamental science of biomaterials though to their biomedical applications, including ‘Nanomaterials for Biomedical Applications’.
Articles will be free to access* until the end of 2014 giving your article the widest possible audience. You can find our online submission system at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/bmsci
Nanomaterials for biomedical applications is an important topic covered by Biomaterials Science so to celebrate the launch, and highlight this part of the journal scope, we’ve made a selection of reviews from across RSC journals free to read until 3rd August.
1. Feature Article: Fluorescent dye-doped silica nanoparticles: new tools for bioapplications
Se Won Bae, Weihong Tan and Jong-In Hong,
Chem. Commun., 2012, 48, 2270-2282
2. Review: Graphene: a versatile nanoplatform for biomedical applications
Yin Zhang, Tapas R. Nayak, Hao Hong and Weibo Cai,
Nanoscale, 2012, 4, 3833-3842
3. Feature Article: Photoactivated nanomaterials for biomedical release applications
J. Mater. Chem., 2012, 22, 301-318
4. Perspective: Biological stimuli and biomolecules in the assembly and manipulation of nanoscale polymeric particles
Lyndsay M. Randolph, Miao-Ping Chien and Nathan C. Gianneschi,
Chem. Sci., 2012,3, 1363-1380
5. Tutorial Review: Mesoporous silica nanoparticles in biomedical applications
Zongxi Li, Jonathan C. Barnes, Aleksandr Bosoy, J. Fraser Stoddart and Jeffrey I. Zink,
Chem. Soc. Rev., 2012,41, 2590-2605
6. Feature Article: Single-walled carbon nanotubes in biomedical imaging
Zhuang Liu, Kai Yang and Shuit-Tong Lee,
J. Mater. Chem., 2011, 21, 586-598
7. Feature Article: Nucleic acid-functionalized nanomaterials for bioimaging applications
Rong Hu, Xiao-Bing Zhang, Rong-Mei Kong, Xu-Hua Zhao, Jianhui Jiang and Weihong Tan,
J. Mater. Chem., 2011, 21, 16323-16334
8. Feature Article: Emerging functional nanomaterials for therapeutics
Xuejia Xue, Feng Wang and Xiaogang Liu
J. Mater. Chem., 2011, 21, 13107-13127
And if you’re working in the area you might also be interested in this ChemSocRev themed issue on Nanomedicine.
Don’t forget Biomaterials Science is now open for submissions. We invite you to support Biomaterials Science and not-for-profit publishing by submitting your next article.
*Individuals can access the content by signing up for an RSC Publishing Personal Account. Existing institutional RSC journal subscribers, with registered IP, have automatic access. Other institutions can register for free access.